Walking Tour of East London: How Gentrification is Changing the City
Time & Location
About the Event
East London has grown to be the hipsters' paradise and the hub for the creatives. However, 15 years ago you wouldn't dare walk on the streets of Shoreditch.
This walking tour will take you to parts of East London where you get a real sense of how diversity and culture influence have drastically changed the economy of the city, and most importantly how local's lives have been affected by gentrification.
We'll be visiting popular markets, vintage stores, narrow streets filled with street art and learning about the important events that shaped this neighbourhood.
- An informative slow-paced walking tour of East London
- Learn about history and culture with a like-minded group
- A small community project at the end of the tour
How does it work?
- Once you have purchased the ticket/s, we’ll email you to arrange a date for your tour.
- You can attend the tour within 6 months of ticket purchase.
- Minimum age: 18
- Access may vary depending on the venues visited
- Tour numbers will not exceed 15
- The experience content may vary
- The tours run on Sundays 11:00 to 12:30. Exclusions may apply.
- Last-minute bookings are welcome! We allow bookings up to 2 hours before the tour starts.
- Please allow 2 hours for the full experience.
- Early Bird£20£200£0